With the recent controversies over mainstream baby wipes, I’ve been excited to make the transition to cloth baby wipes. Normal baby wipes have so many unpronounceable ingredients and many score poorly on EWG’s Skin Deep database. I’m already careful on what products I use for myself, why wouldn’t I do the same for my child?
I’ll spray a cloth wipe with water for urine (since urine is sterile). However, for bowel movements and the occasional urine if it’s been a while, I’ll spray a little of this on a wipe, and we’re good to go.
Makes 1 2 Oz Bottle
- 1 2 Oz Glass Spray bottle
- .5 TBS Witch Hazel
- .25 TBS Aloe Vera Gel
- .5 TBS Fractionated Coconut Oil (Fractionated stays liquid at room temperature)
- 2 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil ( I recommend doTerra which you can order through my shop here, or you can browse Amazon or a natural health store)
- 1 Drop Vitamin E (Optional. Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that expands shelf life. I get mine from TKB Trading)
Mix all ingredients together except water and add to spray bottle. Fill to top with water. Shake before use.