Hello, I’m Stephanie. I’ve been blogging in some form since 2003, and mamahippie.com is my latest labor of love. I started mamahippie.com to write about our adventures in natural and gentle parenting, and encourage others to do the same. We’re definitely not perfect, but we try our best.
I was born and raised in Northern California, USA (alas, I do not have an ocean view from my house. It’s over 2.5 hours away). I married my high school sweetheart in 2014 after dating for 7 years, and we currently have one beautiful son, Ethan, born in 2015.
I have been a vegetarian since 2006, and both my husband and I have been vegan since 2013. This means we don’t use products containing meat, dairy, eggs, honey or other animal by products. We also try to avoid other forms of animal exploitation such as animal testing and performance. It’s difficult at first, but now it’s simply our way of life.
I enjoy crafting and many of my endeavors end up here. I particularly enjoy making natural beauty and skin care products and love essential oils. You can see my shop here. I also enjoy fitness including yoga, running, and Zumba. I am currently a certified Zumba instructor (however, I have quite a bit of baby weight to lost before teaching again). I’ve also begun training for my next 5K; I’m hopeful that I will be able to take my son in his stroller with me.
For fun, here’s 10 Random Facts About Me
- My favorite movie is Rent.
- My hair has been every color of the rainbow at some point.
- I don’t like Eggplants.
- My favorite essential oil blend is Lanvendar, Ylang Ylang and Wild Orange.
- I love long dresses and wish I had more.
- I have psoriasis – an immune disorder that causes my body to attack itself and make new skin cells too often.
- Our house is also inhabited by 5 toads and a fish.
- I’ve always wanted to order a subscription box, I just can’t decide which one to do.
- I have way too many clothes, and naturally only wear about a third of them.
- I love tattoos and currently have 6.