This post is pending review for safety considerations. Always use caution when using essential oils around young infants.
It’s no secret that my l’il bub and I have struggled with breastfeeding from the beginning (read about our nursing journey here!). Whether due to latching issues on his end, or insufficient supply on my end we’re not sure (you can read about our breastfeeding struggles here). Regardless of the issue, I set out to increase my supply to compensate for what was likely a tongue tie issue.
More Milk Essential Oil Spray
- 10 drops Basil Essential Oil – (I use doTerra since the purity is matched by none, but you can also find at most health food stores. Click here to buy from my shop!)
- 10 drops Sweet Fennel Essential Oil – (Click here to buy from my shop!)
- 5 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil – (Click here to buy from my shop!)
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – (Click here to buy from my shop!)
- 5 Oz Glass Spray Bottle
Add essential oil to glass spray bottle. Fill to top with coconut oil. Shake to mix.
To use: Shake before use. Spray on breasts avoiding nipple/areola area. Not for baby’s ingestion. Allow for a break after 10 days use (Fennel can be known to cause UTIs with prolonged use.
Essential oils to avoid include peppermint, spearmint, parsley, and oregano.
Other Pregnancy and Postpartum Recipes
- Uplifting Postpartum Room Spray
- Soothing Postpartum Relief Pads
- More Milk Essential Oil Blend
- Labor Massage Oil