Valentine’s day is coming up soon, and it can be hard to shop for the mama in your life when she’s a little off beat. A lot of the classic gifts this time of year don’t exactly jive with the ethical lifestyle a lot of us are trying to live. Luckily, I’ve compiled a a great list of Valentine’s Day gift ideas for the natural mom! You can thank me later. 😉
Psst! There’s no shame in sending this to your partner either. I won’t tell.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I will receive a small comission for purchases made at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my full disclosure policy.
5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for the Natural Mom
1. Ethical Chocolates – Chocolates are a tradition on Valentine’s Day, but the chocolate industy is a litle less then ethical. I am a big fan of Sjaak’s chocolates since . How cute is this Sjaak’s Chocolates on Amazon since they are dairy and egg free and fair trade. Of course, you can always try your hand making homemade chocolates as well. Just pick up a Valentine’s themed tin at your local craft store.
2. Local Flowers – Instead of red roses, consider a flower that is native to your area. Why have roses that have traveled who knows how long, to get to you over the flowers that naturally grow? (Of course, roses grow somewhere) Nothing says love like reducing your carbon footprint! Plant Native has a great database of native plant nurseries. Alternatively, why not consider gifting a live plant? The plant will thank you.
3. Subscription Box – Subscription boxes are so much fun. I’ve always found getting things in the mail to be a lot of fun, and subscription boxes really add the extra element of surprise. Surprise here with beautiful, cruelty free beauty products with the LOVE GOODLY beauty box (affiliate). Or get her a subscription to Ecocentric Mom & Baby Box so she can try new, ecofriendly products for herself and baby each month.
4. Fair Trade Diamonds – Along the more traditional route, is of course jewelry. Ten Thousand Villages sells hand made and fair trade jewelry, ensuring that the artisans are paid fairly for their work. They have some beautiful and unique pieces here. I love these Andean Turquoise Earrings earrings handmade in Peru. Looking for something more traditional? Diamonds are considered to be timeless and Brilliant Earth has you covered. The diamonds sold here are responsibly sourced from Candada adhering to the highest labor and environmental standards, and Namibia and Botswana contributing to sustainable development of these countries. The jewelry here is beautiful, and they offer a variety of different styles to suit everyone. I’m particularly fond of the vintage and retro section.
5. Flower Seeds – Flower seeds bombs are an amazing way to multipurpose paper items. How many times do we get paper cards and just end up throwing them away?. Botanical Paperworks solves that problem by offering a variety of paper products that can be planted after use. . The paper from the card contains seeds – so instead of throwing the card away you are able to plan them. Paper Sprouts on Etsy also has an amazing variety of flower seeds… including this beautiful plantable flowering giftset.
Did I miss anything? What other Valentine’s Day gift ideas for the natural mom would you add?